Sunday, August 14, 2011

Feelin' (weirdly) loved. Dandelion number 7

Today is my birthday . And it's weird . Cause it's the first birthday in YEARS that I celebrate at home, chez moi.
Last year I was in Australia. Two years ago, I was a Mitarbeiterin in a summer camp. And so on for the last. . . 5 years or so.

So this morning I woke up at 9, planning to go to church. But we ended up going to the Passo del Lucomagno, a 1-and-a-half-hour-far-away alpine(?) pass (wow, I love these made-up adjectives) , just to eat lunch there.
We ate Gerstensuppe, a yummy bündner soup and drank a beer (actually I did, mum found that it was too alcoholic hahaha) .

When we got back I checked out my Facebook account and I had something like 100 birthday wishes ! Awesome ! I felt loved. But on the other hand, just a few of them were really sincere . Come on, everyone knows that it's easy to be nice just by writing "Auguri!" on my wall. You just need to type a few letters on your keyboard, and there you are. If you really care, you would write a text message, or call me, or send me an e-mail, right ? But, yeah . Anyways , that wasn't the point of my post :)

I got a funny e-mail from my pastor :

" Cara Giulia,
Tanti auguri per il tuo compleanno : 17 anni belli ,
sana, carina, tutto per piacere agli uomini e spero ,
al Signore che guarda dentro (...) ."

" Dear Giulia,
All the best for your Birthday : 17 beautiful (? dunno if you can translate it like that) years , healthy , pretty , everything to be liked by men (and here I was like : WHAT THE HECK ?) and , I hope so , by the Lord as well , that looks inside your heart (...) ."

ROFL . Aren't you Rolling On Floor Laughing ? Cause I am . I guess he didn't read the e-mail before sending it .

But that wasn't the weirdest thing that happened to me lately : on the 24th of July, Facebook got mad and everyone got the notification that it was my bday . So I got a lot of birthday wishes, even though it wasn't my birthday . Funny thing, right ?

BUT hey it's not over yet : a (kind of) good friend of mine (whose real birthday was on that day, the 24th) wrote me something like : "Hey Giulia, are you kidding me ? Today it's my birthday, not yours ! Yours is on the 24th of August ."

Nice try .

Anyways, I had fun today . And it's still not over . Because in an hour or so, I'm going to a birthday party .
Nope, not my party .

A party which is organized by a friend of mine who turned 18 last friday . And who decided to celebrate it today . On my birthday . And I am going .

Welcome to my (weird) life :)


No comments:

Post a Comment